NOTEBOOK vs ULTRABOOK vs netbook – A COMPLETE COMPARISON
Notebook or Ultrabook or Netbook – – Which Should be your choice?????
Most often laptop buyers are confused regarding the decision of buying a Laptop. Confusion arise regarding the Brand of the Laptop (Check in Here for the Best Laptop Brands), Model, Storage Space available, speed, display quality, etc. One of the confusion people normally have is regarding that whether they should buy “Ultrabook” , “Notebook” or a “Netbook”. Buyers also have confusion regarding the basic meaning regarding Netbooks, Notebooks and Ultrabooks.
In this post we have discussed briefly the meaning of both Ultrabooks, Netbooks and Notebooks, their key features, Pros and Cons of each, so that you can rightly choose between them and make the best out of it. So let’s catch it up, and get the best for you…
- Notebooks were simply a little smaller than laptops – something you could carry around anywhere.
- Screen sizes vary between 12 – 18 inches, though 15″ is the average.
- They have DVD Support and Higher storage capacity compared to an Ultrabooks.
- Notebooks also have the largest screen size compared to other laptops, so if you have frequent video editing work, you love watching videos or movies , then, Netbooks are the one you are looking for.
- Notebooks allow most features that a normal desktop offers. It usually comes with built-in multiple USB ports and is also capable of processing high-end graphics and is suitable for gaming.
- Notebooks are generally priced at a higher range than desktops.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 10,999.00
Price: INR 5,999.00
- Ultrabooks are a specific type of laptops. In many ways, they look and behave more or less like regular notebooks.
- But they do have to meet a set of criteria in order to get the “ultrabook” title, criteria set by Intel, who in fact established this class of computers a while ago.
- An Ultrabook is a thin, lightweight and portable device with the processing power of a notebook.
- They are designed to provide benefits of both notebooks and netbooks at the cost of a higher price.
- These are specifically designed to be of lightweight and easily portable
Products from Amazon.in
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Core i5 - 6th Gen/4GB/128GB/Windows 10 Pro/Integrated Graphics/31.242 Centimeter Full HD Display), SilverPrice: INR 64,980.00Was: INR 79,999.00
Apple MacBook Air MQD32HN/A 13.3-inch Laptop 2017 (Core i5/8GB/128GB/MacOS Sierra/Integrated Graphics)Price: INR 55,990.00Was: INR 77,200.00
ASUS R558UQ-DM701D 15.6-Inch Laptop (Intel Core i7 7500U Processor,8GB Memory RAM, 1 TB Hard Disk) Dark BrownPrice: INR 52,599.00Was: INR 59,990.00
- Netbooks can be termed as older version of iPads
- Come in with very small screen size (Less than 11-12 inches). They are not supported with no DVD Drive, have fewer connectivity options and ports.
- These are one of the most lightest of the computers
- These have been basically designed for smaller tasks such as Social Media, E-mail, etc. requiring low processing power and storage
- With a massive development in field of Smartphone Technology and due to thinning down of Ultrabooks, value of Netbooks have diminished recently.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: Check on Amazon
iBall CompBook Excelance-OHD (Intel Atom Processor X5 - Z8350/2 GB/32 GB/29.46cm (11.6 )/Win 10) (chocolate Brown)Price: INR 10,390.00Was: INR 12,999.00
Price: INR 3,960.00
Notebook or Ultrabook or Netbook – – A Comparative Analysis
Now Since we have a Basic idea of these three type of Laptops, let us dig deep into a comparative analysis of each of these with the other so that we can decide upon the right one for us.
|Size||Normal Laptop Size||Just Smaller than Laptops||Much smaller than standard laptops|
|Design||Well designed||Specifically designed for potability||Simple design|
|Weight||Quite Heavy (>2kgs)||Lightweight (<1.5 kgs)||Very Light|
|Contains most of the support features of a Desktop||Fewer support features compared to Notebook||Contains only Basic support features|
|Speed||Very Fast||Speed at par with Notebooks||Comparatively Slower Speed|
|Storage||High Data storage available||High Data storage available||Very Low data storage capabilities (around 128GB)|
|Usage||Ready for multitasking||Ready for multitasking||Have lower ability to perform multi tasks, due to lower processor capacities|
|Gaming||Supports heavy gaming||Supports light & medium gaming (Newer models having enhanced processors supports
heavy gaming too)
|Supports very light gaming|
have good demand
|Ultrabooks have great demand and is ever increasing due to its smaller size and larger
|Withthe introduction of smartphones and iPads, demand for Netbooks have fallen down. However, it is still in fashion for its cheap price and portability|
|Recommended for||All major tasks including office work, browsing , heavy gaming, HD movies , video editing , programming, etc.||Supports most of the works of a Notebook.Due to its light weight, it is in great
demand for frequent travellers. Specific processor and Graphics Card is required for heavy gaming
|Serves and alternative to Notebooks and Ultrabooks, provides the best portability.
However, Netbooks are not recommended for regular gaming and other heavy
Though all these types of laptops have their own advantages & disadvantage, the choice of one of the depends on the specific requirements and the budget of the user. Each of these types of Laptops is suitable for one or more purposes but not for all. One cannot get all the above features in a single Laptop. Thus, you have to strike a balance between your requirements and the features of these laptops. However, with increase in capabilities and decrease in size, Ultrabooks are now in great demand as compared to its peers.
Products from Amazon.in‹ ›
HOPE YOU LIKED IT!!!! PLEASE DO LIKE, SHARE & COMMENT
[Special Thanks : Priya Singh, Cheif Editor]